Welcome to the Technology Services Department.
This page is to help you with common problems.
Problems with Technology?
We are here to help! If you are unable to find a solution on this page, we recommend you use the link below to submit a ticket to get support.
Wireless Internet Access
FLDUSD - provides wireless Internet access at all of our campuses across the district. Chromebooks are configured to automatically connect to the wireless network when in range.
We are working to expand our wireless coverage to the outdoor areas.
If students/guests wish to access the Wireless Network for their personal devices please connect to the FLDUSD-Guest Network.
For Staff, please connect to the FLDUSD-Staff and sign in with your district email.
Chromebook Care & Classroom Procedures
- The Chromebooks do not leave the classroom. The students may not take them home.
- Teachers are responsible for the Chromebooks while in their classroom - make sure students don't damage or steal them.
- Carts must be kept locked when not in use and classroom doors must be locked when the teacher is not in the room.
- Students should use the Chromebooks while in your class, then put them back before leaving. Students will have access to other Chromebooks in other classrooms. Allowing students to “roam” outside and in between classes can create loss or damage.
- All data is stored online, students do not need to use the same Chromebook.
- Teachers do not need Chromebooks to access Google Apps for Education. They can do the same things on their desktop using the Chrome Browser.
- Ensure all Chromebooks are in the cart and accounted for BEFORE the end of each class or period. Hold students prior to the bell and keep them accountable. The teacher is ultimately responsible for the equipment!
- Use caution when plugging and unplugging Chromebooks to power cords, connectors can easily be bent or broken if you are not focused, or in a rush.
- Reminder - if a student negligently damages a Chromebook, they will be held accountable for the repair. Classroom management is the teacher’s responsibility. Make sure you document everything.
- Refrain from placing heavy textbooks or other items thrown into a backpack on top of the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, notebooks)
Cleaning the Screen and Care:
Clean the screen with a soft, dry antistatic, or microfiber cloth. Do not use window cleaner or any type of liquid on the Chromebook. You can also use packaged pre-moistened eyeglass lens cleaning tissues to clean the screen.
- No food or drink allowed near your Chromebook
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook
- Carry Chromebooks carefully by the base when the screen is open
- Wifi connectivity and the network may be slow at times - be patient but persistent. Please let us know if it happens more than once in the school day and around what times.